A word from Todd Tande
14604 West Yucatan Street
Surprise, Arizona 85379
“It has been my honor to serve the residents of District 6 – one of the fastest growing areas in the state. Together, we have fought for fiscal responsibility, transparency, public safety, and attracting jobs and economic development. We have also secured funding to build our first fire station located in District 6 along with funding to complete Litchfield Road... both projects are now in design. We also have recently completed many of our previously unfinished roads in District 6. We have accomplished a lot over the past five years, but there is still more work to be done. I would be honored to earn your vote.”
Committed to Fiscal Responsibility
- Conservative spending record focused on core services and keeping taxes low
- Voted to reduce the primary property tax rate
- Ensured our city is among the lowest combined City property tax rates in the West Valley.
- Improved City’s bond rating to AA+ from Fitch Ratings and to AA from Standard and Poor’s
- Attracted economic investments and attracted business headquarters such as Iris USA, Cobalt Rehabilitation, and Milam Glass
- Supported AzTechcelorator business incubator and successful startups such as MD24 Housecall and Athena Wireless
- Prioritized attracting signature retail
- Called for a Master Plan for Downtown to be developed by Council, the Developer, potential businesses, and residents.
- Supported Surprise Youth Council Program
- Improved Veramonte City Park in District 6 adding restrooms, a splash pad, and new playground equipment.
- Working on Public Private Partnership to fund new recreational facilities
- Separated Community & Recreation Services Department from Sports & Tourism Department
- Help attract additional education opportunities such as Ottawa University and West-MEC to Surprise.
- Implemented development for the first fire station in our District 6 to keep up with growth
- Voted to add more Police and Fire Medical Officers without a tax rate increase.
- Worked to finish many of our streets and medians including Greenway, Cactus, Peoria, Bullard, Waddell, Reems, Litchfield, and Bell interchange
- Fought to implement the safety Improvements recommended by the volunteer citizen Bullard Task Force
Get in touch.
Use the form below to contact us regarding your enquiry.